[thelist] Opera 8.5 Ad-free for everyone (forever)

Adrian Simmons adrinux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 05:30:41 CDT 2005

Timothy J. Luoma wrote:
> Opera has announced that they are removing the ads from the 8.5
> version of Opera browser, released today for Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.
I'm downloading right now :)
I hope this means IE loses a little more 'market' share before 7 comes out,
anything which hinders people doing IE only site design on the open web is good IMO.

Mind you, Opera still can't afford to get decent marketing images, not only is
this model sitting in front of a blank screen but her shadow also shows a
headset mic that she isn't wearing...
http://www.opera.com/buy/
and the image itself:
http://www.opera.com/img/buy/support.jpg