[thelist] Site check: Staples.com

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Sep 20 07:44:59 CDT 2005

This is somewhat like saying that a car should run level even if you choose
to drive it with one tire on the curb and one on the road because you want
to make sure the people passing in the fast lane don't side-swipe you.  If
you are going to modify the behavior of a system, be prepared to acknowledge
the changes impact on how you do business.  JavaScript is useful, and I'm
thankful for it.  It's not evil and shouldn't be construed as such.
Personally, I'm quite glad that a huge majority of users have it enabled.

Side note... I have all the "plugins" enabled on IE6 on my computer...
JavaScript, ActiveX, Java, Flash, etc, and I have yet to ever get a virus
due to a malicious web site or email.  Point being, it's ultimately not the
plugin's fault that they are exploited... it's the users habits.  In some
few cases, maybe it's innocent browsing of socially acceptable websites
where they clicked "yes" on the popup instead of closing the thing.  But I
would venture to guess that most exploits propagate through porn, appz, and
crackz sites.

Sorry for the tangent.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/