[thelist] Site check: Staples.com

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 08:00:55 CDT 2005

> This is somewhat like saying that a car should run level even if you choose
> to drive it with one tire on the curb and one on the road because you want
> to make sure the people passing in the fast lane don't side-swipe you.  If
> you are going to modify the behavior of a system, be prepared to acknowledge
> the changes impact on how you do business.  JavaScript is useful, and I'm
> thankful for it.  It's not evil and shouldn't be construed as such.
> Personally, I'm quite glad that a huge majority of users have it enabled.

I actually like browsers that allow you to turn off the evil things
specifically like opera and Firefox. If you can prevent scripts from
changing the status bar, showing and hiding windows, window resizing
and toolbar hiding then there is not much evil you can do with
JavaScript.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com