[thelist] Replacing ASPMail script with a Unix/PHP script?

Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Tue Sep 20 15:22:57 CDT 2005

Quite a little confusing issue...
I created a simple contact form in ASP (using ASPMail script) for a
friend who had no clue what kind of hosting she had since her site was
being hosted at her friend's ISP web server and her friend was away on a
trip and out of touch...his tech support is not answering any of my
email to clarify what kind of components they have installed.
So after creating the form and uploading to the server it is clear that
the server is not an Windows/ASP server at all...it just spits the
entire code out in the body of the page.
My question now is...what could I use on a Unix/Probably PHP server to
replace the ASPMail code?
I am not very fluent in PHP although I can probably figure it out...
does Unix have something like CDONTS tht doesn't need a specific
component installed?

Thank you in advance,

FayeC