[thelist] Site check: Staples.com

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 01:06:39 CDT 2005

> Well, I'm just telling you what I've read. The
> business can be made for accessibility. I'm certainly
> not telling you that you have to recode your site. But
> if I were building from the ground up, it's something
> I would definitely consider.

Which happens all the time in lalaland but nearly never in the
enterprise level web development world. Clients have flogged out a lot
of money for bad solutions over the years and are not likely to ditch
them now for the sake of accessibility. Instead they will pay some
bozo to tell them making the HTML validate and slapping a WAI-A banner
on the site will make them accessible. Before you start preaching
again - I know it doesn't.

http://www.digital-web.com/articles/ten_reasons_clients_dont_care_about_accessibility/

I'd be happy to have an example based on _real hard facts and money
figures_ to show to clients that accessibility pays.

Chris
--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com