[thelist] Site rip off - but so badly it's funny

Dennis Lapcewich dlapcewich at fs.fed.us
Wed Sep 21 10:33:34 CDT 2005

The timestamp on the site says it was last modified on June 20, 2005,
having been ripped off from the original site almost a month earlier.   In
addition there is hidden text content from the original site which remains,
but as the comment says, "<!-- this div only appears on the home page when
styles are off, write stuff that you want the search engines or text
readers to see.-->"

The source code does not reveal any use of Flash.

I suggest submitting this to http://www.pirated-sites.com/

             Jeff Oien
             <jeff at webdesigns1
             Sent by:                  "thelist at lists.evolt.org"
             thelist-bounces at l         <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
             ists.evolt.org                                             cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/21/2005 08:16          Re: [thelist] Site rip off - but so
             AM                        badly it's funny

             Please respond to
             "thelist at lists.ev
                 olt.org"
             <thelist at lists.ev
                 olt.org>

Scott Glasgow wrote:
> <<::SNIP::>>
>
>>> Tony Crockford wrote:
>>> Have a look at:
>>> http://www.keltecdesign.co.uk/
>>> (coded by me to a design by Keltec)
>>>
>>> and then:
>>>
>>> http://www.audimagem.com.br/

> <<::SNIP::>>
>
> Hmm, I must be missing something. When I go to the first site I get a
> design with fresh-cut fruit as the primary design element, which is in
> XHTML. When I go to the second, I get a monochrome site with no fruit
> visible anywhere, and when I right-click to View Source, it appears that
> the entire page is a Flash image. Could it be that, having been found
> out, they have changed the page, or is something else going on?

The funny part is there is code saying this site is copied.

<!-- Mirrored from www.keltecdesign.co.uk/ by HTTrack Website Copier/3.x
[XR&CO'2004], Wed, 25 May 2005 16:24:24 GMT -->

Jeff

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/