[thelist] download complete verification

Jeff Wilhelm thelist at summit7solutions.com
Wed Sep 21 14:58:43 CDT 2005

> Tell me if it's not that simple."

It's not quite that simple.

We are in the same boat. We distribute software as well via the internet.

The way we prove that the software download was successful is that in order
to launch the program they must enter a license code. The software generates
a serial number for them, and they go to our website and register the
software. All they need to provide is the serial number that is generated
and the e-mail address provided prior to downloading them. If the e-mail
matches a download then we give them a license code that unlocks the
program. We then know for sure that the download was complete, or else the
software wouldn't have run and generated a serial number.

Jeff