[thelist] Mint, anyone?

Robert Gormley robert at pennyonthesidewalk.com
Wed Sep 21 17:54:58 CDT 2005

Christian Heilmann wrote:
> It is a fab product, but only if you have a root server. I have bought
> and installed it on the CSS table gallery
> http://icant.co.uk/csstablegallery/ and got told off by my web host,
> as the constant database writing (ever second - the first day I had
> 41000 hits) maxed out the server 100%.
>
> I posted on the support forum:
> http://haveamint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=191 and got zilch as an
> answer so far. This makes me wonder why I spent the money...

Check out the latest release (1.09+) - I remember the Changelog
mentioned this as the biggest/sole reason for this change. "Fixed so it
leaves the database to do its thing and only cleans up once an hour,
rather than on each and every hit." (Obviously, I'd say it still does
the inserts, but now does them a bit more cleanly, and doesn't do its
other aggregation work, etc).

Rob