[thelist] wordpress - mysql - no clue

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 03:29:18 CDT 2005

dwain alford wrote:
> i am in need of a bit of assistance.  i am planning a blog using
> wordpress.  i have read the initial installation instructions, but i'm
> not sure how to begin to set up the database.  from what i have seen of
> blogs, there is a post and there can be comments added to the post. this
> is all new and foreign to me.  would someone please, gently, put me on
> to what i need to do to begin work on this blog?

Have you considered Squarespace, or something similar?

If you like fiddling, there is plenty to configure but without the
baffling *nixiness

Costs from $7 a month - it's an awesome CMS for blogs and real web
sites. It's worth the dosh, IMHO, since you don't have to fork out for
additional hosting.

http://squarespace.com

(No affiliation etc.)

HTH

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net BETA - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets online
http://snippetz.net