[thelist] A little Ruby help would be great [windows]

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 13:24:43 CDT 2005

I'm officially tearing my hair out. Either I've really missed something here or there are way too
many experts running Ruby documentation.

All I want to know is how to get started - get the shell up so I can start learning - and I can't
do it.

I've downloaded the latest Windows one-click installer and installed it. Peachy. I've looked at
the help docs, the get started, etc etc. NOTHING tells you how to really get started - or I've
totally missed it.

I've tried launching the RubyGems RDoc server... it seems to run in a cmd window but tells me
nothing. A RubyGems package manager? It searches for help it can't seem to find. How in the world
do I get started with this? This is about the most maddening thing ever...

TIA

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/

A man spoke frantically into the phone: "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart"! "Is this her first child?" the doctor asked. "No, you idiot!" the man shouted. "This is her husband!"

Q: What do you call a muddy chicken who crossed the road two times?
A: A dirty double crosser...