[thelist] wordpress - mysql - no clue

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Sep 23 09:44:42 CDT 2005

dwain alford wrote:

> i have the ability to install a couple of extra hard disks on my system.
>  would it be advisable to install the apache server and mysql server
> software on a separate disk away from the main operating system and
> install a linux server on it as well?

Advisable? I'd certainly say desirable.

Getting more familiar with Linux -- especially if that's running
your public server -- would be an excellent idea.

Who knows, you may even decide a Linux desktop is a more productive
developer environment. :-)

However, as an alternative to dual-boot, consider VMWare: run your
normal Windows desktop with a Linux system in a window. (I do the
opposite, running a SuSE Linux desktop with a virtual XP system for
browser testing.) It's a great developer productivity tool.

YMMV!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                          dream.  code.