[thelist] Printing a CSS background color

Andrew Kamm akamm at demicooper.com
Fri Sep 23 10:03:43 CDT 2005

>Generally its a good idea as users dont want to waste toner on
>background colours/imagery, all you really want from a printout is the
>information - hence print stylesheets that remove headers/footer and
>navigation.

I think in general it is good to avoid printing out backgrounds -- but it
depends on the goals of the project/client... this project was more so
intended to emulate a print brochure, but we wanted to avoid having 50 (and
growing) different Quark documents to maintain.

The background I was trying to print was for a one line div.  But I agree,
if I go to a website with a blue background and white text, I don't care to
print that.

Andy