[thelist] Blog Submitter Pro - useful tool or annoying spam?

Steve Lewis nepolon at worlddomination.net
Fri Sep 23 13:54:09 CDT 2005

Christian Heilmann wrote:

> some of the stuff I had to deal with down soon. The whole thing about
> ethical SEO is a big load of *insertexpletiveofchoice*.

I am generally with you on this but don't get carried away.  It is
possible to make "ethical" recommendations for SEO for a blog.  Some
examples are: semantic markup, content-driven layouts to push content up
the document, and posting content that people really care about to
generate genuine interest.

I don't expect folks can make much of a living selling this sort of
advice.  People tend to like being told to swallow pills to make their
problems go away, and none of these suggestions are easy.  Snake oil
sells better than elbow grease.

That doesn't mean that ethical SEO in and of itself cannot exist simply
because you don't see anyone making an honest living of it.

$0.02
--
SteveL