[thelist] US 101 keyboard problems

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Sat Sep 24 13:05:23 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter-Paul Koch" <>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: [thelist] US 101 keyboard problems

> > Thanks, but I'm not looking for a complete remap. Instead I just
want
> > to make sure the quote key actually prints a quote when I press it.
>
> I've a brand-new XP SP 2 machine, and standard US keyboard is
available
> via Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages tab
> [Details...] Make the changes in Installed services pane.

I know, but my list doesn't contain US 101. Does yours?

That's odd, US 101 is the default, so in XP it's going to be just listed
as "US" instead of "US101" like in Win98. That means you get a ~ or ` -
Of course the Caps Lock is off eh? You might want to check that your
"Regional Options" haven't been borked and reset them.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prff_mul_ukpi.asp

is your language of choice showing in the system tray?
http://www.amherst.edu/it/software/languages/addingkeyboardxp.html

one of those should lead to an answer hopefully, got to be one of those
'doh' moments :-)

cheers,

        Mark