[thelist] Firefox Problem

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 08:31:56 CDT 2005

Hershel Robinson wrote:

> Well, the HTML here is what is sometimes referred to as 'tag soup'
> meaning that it is not organized in an easily-understood fashion and
> that not all tags are closed correctly. Furthermore, this page is built
> with nested <tables> and uses an imagemap, two technologies which can be
> difficult to work with.

Dreamweaver agrees with you about the tag soup - it's poo, and I can't
be fagged digging through the code by hand.

However, I think the issue is simply that the left and right columns
need to have  valign="top" applied to them. If you grow the text in
Firefox, you see that the left and right col contents remain centered
vertically as the longest centre col stretches.

Incidentally, I think you are overstating the case about not using
nested tables, and the thing about image maps being a technology that is
difficult to work with, I quite simply do not understand.

They are valid HTML and AFAIK have no browser issues - what's the
problem using image maps? As long as you have alt attributes on the map
areas there are few access issues.

Cheers

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net BETA - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets online
http://snippetz.net