[thelist] Web Design/Development Magazines

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 04:00:19 CDT 2005

>> I'd like to ditto this request. There used to be a magazine called
NEWArchitect...but I don't know if it exists any longer.

> New Architect (originally Web Techniques) died in 2003, no longer being
> published.
>
> There is Digital Web magazine [1], but its online only. A brief
search
> on
> Google doesn't turn up much that isn't graphic arts oriented.
>
> Ron
>

> [1] http://www.digital-web.com/

I second that recommendation.

It depends what you're into. Boxes and Arrows usually gets me excited
<http://www.boxesandarrows.com/> but that's about it for HTML if
that's what you mean, besides signing up for the increasingly esoteric
W3C newsletter. If you're up for some Linux, TUX magazine is a
beginners guide <http://www.tuxmagazine.com/>.
<http://www.phparch.com/> PHP Architect is for if you're seriously
into PHP systems. Wired perhaps <http://www.wired.com/>? For design
inspiration and to know what's possible, I love NetDiver
<http://www.netdiver.net/> even though I'll never do anything like it.