[thelist] Apache: SSL and Virtual hosts

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Thu Sep 29 07:03:26 CDT 2005

At 12:21 AM 2005-09-29, you wrote:
>>There's no per-virtual-host method of doing SSL.
>>I'm wondering if anyone could offer me any interesting work arounds.
>
>I'm curious... why would you want to do this?

Because I've got a dozen or so e-commerce solutions that I've written, and
it would be nice to have my testing environment match my production
environment a bit closer. Right now, what I do is something along the lines of

    <cfif (cgi.server_port EQ 80) AND (NOT FindNoCase('Win', OSName))>
       <cfset
request.catalogue_img_folder_url="#request.sBaseURL#images/catalogue_images/">
    <cfelse>
       <cfset
request.catalogue_img_folder_url="#request.BaseURL#images/catalogue_images/">
    </cfif>

(My machine is Windows, my server is Linux). I simply prefer to use the
least amount of code possible when deploying. It's truly not a big deal,
it's just one of those "wouldn't it be nice if..."

Actually, wait! I wonder if I could assign a different ip to each domain
(127.0.0.1m 127.0.0.2...) and configure my hosts file and .conf to deal
with it appropriately. Of course I would have to generate a certificate for
each ip..., I wonder.

Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.