[thelist] Any consensus on SEO?

Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Sat Oct 1 21:50:44 CDT 2005

I have been out of the loop for a while but the last time I heard about
SEO people were talking about the fact that Meta tags were really
useless to promote a better placement on SE.
At the time Google was changing the algorithm and many top placements
were losing their places.
I am now trying to make some sense of it all but it's hard to figure out
what's right and wrong when you get so many conflicting information on a
single search.
SO my question to the experts is...what is the consensus among the
programmers in regards to SEO and is paying for the sponsored links a
good idea nowadays?

Thank you in advance,

FayeC