[thelist] Project Management Software?

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Oct 4 13:19:30 CDT 2005

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Arthur Maloney
: Subject: Re: [thelist] Project Management Software?
:
: Hello Casey,
:
: Monday, October 3, 2005, 7:01:44 PM, you wrote:
:
: CC> Anyone here have any experience with a Project Management application?
: CC> Ever used one?  Is their an industry standard that employers might
: CC> look for on resumes?
: CC> Thanks.
:
: currently reading Software Project Secrets - its a good read and I'll
: probably buy PMBOK ?/PMI2004

I would also recommend anything by Steve McConnell

Rapid Development

Software Project Survival Guide

Though these are not geared towards web development per se.

Mythical Man Month (mentioned by someone else earlier) is also a classic
work, though I feel it deals more with what can go wrong, rather than
providing guidance on what you should be doing.

Cheers
Ken

--
www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/