[thelist] Printing in IE breaks CSS layout

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 05:21:56 CDT 2005

On 10/6/05, Mike <evolt at muinar.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> The printing preview in IE (6.0/Win here) breaks apart this layout:
>
> What could be the reason for this? And what can be done to fix
> the layout so that it isn't broken? I'd prefer that something is
> cut away at the right side, when the printing area is narrower
> than the page.

Mike,

Have you come across print stylesheets yet?

The general idea is to supply an extra stylesheet, where you
remove/change anything for the printed page which could be.

1: remove headers..
2: remove Navigation
4: simplify into one column.
5: Use up the whole of the printed page (width:auto)
6: Use pt sizes for text.
6: remove footer

>From more information there is a great alistapart article which should
help you out.