[thelist] What does standard compliance actually mean?

Andreas Wahlin andreaswahlin at bredband.net
Thu Oct 6 08:20:51 CDT 2005

To many, standard compliance seem to mean stuff like "semantic web"
and sometimes even "unobtrusive scripting/graceful degradation". But
doesen't standard compliance just mean that you follow your declared
doctype and validate against the w3c validator, not that I
automaticly write insanely great webpages (from a code view)?
This may be a bit of a philosophical discussion of course ...
If anyone could support their views with articles, I'd appreciate it
greatly :)
(yes, I'm writing a master's thesis)

Andreas