SOLVED: Re: [thelist] css/dom drop down menu not working in IE

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Thu Oct 6 17:35:00 CDT 2005

So I finally figured out what the issue was with my drop downs not
working in IE once I moved them into a class specific to a div. The
offending section was:

#mainnav li:hover ul, li.over ul
{
display: block;
}

IE is ignoring the li:hover (as documented in the suckerfish menu
examples) so the li.over class is added. The probably I ran in to is
that I didn't pay attention to the comma seperating those two classes.
Once I changed it to:

#mainnav li:hover ul, #mainnav li.over ul
{
display: block;
}

Everything worked dandy. For the record, I figured it out when I was
reading up on ALA's article on hybrid css dropdown menus (
http://alistapart.com/articles/hybrid ) and noticed that their example
included a div specifier and that I had missed the comma seperating classes.

Thanks to all those that tried to help,
Judah