[thelist] Perl Time Out

Anthony Ettinger apwebdesign at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 10:35:57 CDT 2005

> > Now...why is it running away on you?
>
> Really, I don't know. They want me to upgrade to a
> better/bigger
> account, but if it's on the same server, the problem
> will stick.

Hmmm....what kind of things is the script doing?
For example, I just wrote one that uses xpath to
search a directory containing XML files. It's very
INEffecient at the moment.

Are you creating objects in a loop? Try moving that
object creating outside the loop (at the top of the
script) so it's done only once.

It's really hard to know without seeing the source. If
you want, I can look, just email it to me privately.

Anthony Ettinger
ph: (408) 656-2473
blog: http://www.chovy.com