[thelist] HTML E-mails and Outlook

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 10:31:30 CDT 2005

Hey, 2 questions in one day.

We've got this HTML e-mail we send out to those who request a service, and it uses CSS image
replacement techniques. When opened in Outlook, you end up seeing both the image AND the text in
the tag, so it looks quite garbled.

I had assumed Outlook used IE's rendering engine, but is that not the case? This supposedly is the
same code used on the related web site that works just fine, but breaks in the email. I'm trying
to figure out if someone botched the CSS code in the HTML e-mail (although a quick scan shows it
as fine) or that Outlook simply cannot handle this type of CSS code (too advanced?)

Any insight is appreciated.

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/

A man spoke frantically into the phone: "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart"! "Is this her first child?" the doctor asked. "No, you idiot!" the man shouted. "This is her husband!"

Q: What do you call a muddy chicken who crossed the road two times?
A: A dirty double crosser...