[thelist] bbCode or HTML in DB?

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:41:34 CDT 2005

I store the BBCode on the db instead of the converted / formatted
code. Because it takes up less space and you can format the BB code as
you wish upon retrieval from the db. You can apply difference styles
to it.

I don't realize a very big performance degredation. But your situation
may be different.

Did not look for articles but I have read people saying storing raw
HTML on DB is not a good thing. I'd be interested as well if someone
provides a more consciense (what a difficult word to spell con--sci...
whatever :) ) argument.

Cheers,
--
Volkan Ozcelik