[thelist] Oops! sent last one before I was ready!; WAI validation

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Sat Oct 15 11:53:51 CDT 2005

On 14 Oct 2005 at 20:22, bill wrote:
[...]
> • Rule: 13.1.2 - All Anchor elements are required not to use the same link
> text to refer to different resources.
> o Failure - Anchor Element at Line: 70, Column: 14
[...]

to answer this, i'd need to see the entire page, not just a
snippet...

the gist of the error is this... if you have a link to 'foo' and the
text you link is 'bar', you cannot link to 'zim' with the text
'bar'...

so if you have this:

you can't have this:

every time you use the link text 'bar', it should point to the same
address, not a different page... users without the ability to see
where a link will take them may assume both links go the same page,
which isn't the case...

the error would be thrown on the line where you use a different
address for text you've already used...