[thelist] wordpress-mysql step one

dwain alford dwain.alford at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 23:19:01 CDT 2005

after an eventful three weeks, i think i have time to play with
wordpress now.

first question.  i have xampp installed locally for testing a blog i am
about to launch.  should i create a database first in the mysql module
before installing wordpress?  and should the database name reflect the
domain name since the blog will be the domain?

second question.  the 5 minute install instructions says to upload
everything.  where do i place the wordpress folder on my hard drive?
should it be in the htdocs folder in the xampp program folder?

third question.  when i install wordpress on my server, it will be the
main folder for the domain, not a sub-domain; should i name the folder
the domain name?

waitin' for a response.
dwain
--