[thelist] Troubleshooting ASP

Robert Vreeland vreeland at studioframework.com
Tue Oct 18 15:40:37 CDT 2005

Try
Response.Write(Err.Description)

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Flavia Tarzwell
(FayeC)
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:51 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Troubleshooting ASP

I have a two logins (one frontend and other backend) being authenticated by
the same file.
I was asked to add one field to the database and add one filed to the
frontend login.
The backend works fine with the new field added to the database and the
insertion of new data to the db but the frontend won't go through...it keeps
going back to the login without any visible errors given...
I know there is a code you can insert on the page to dump the errors on
screen so you can troubleshoot it but my brain is not helping right now and
googling didn't give me any answers...
Can anybody give me a hint?

Thanks,

FayeC