[thelist] Converting Powerpoint to web Page

Minh Lee Goon evolt at goonies.info
Wed Oct 19 11:39:36 CDT 2005

> I have a big powerpoint file that I need to convert to html.  When I use the Save As HTML in powerpoint - the pages take forever to load.  Is there a better way of converting them for quicker viewing?  They have animation, sound and fade in/out text.

You could save the PowerPoint file as a PowerPoint Show file. Your users
can view the file using the free PowerPoint Viewer, downloadable from
Microsoft's web site. That should preserve the presentation.

Otherwise, I think the best way to do it would be to convert it to a PDF
file and let your users download it. Obviously you'll lose the
animation, page transitions, sound, etc. But Adobe Reader is ubiquitous.

By saving a PowerPoint file as HTML, you risk alienating non-IE users as
I'm sure the HTML output is choking on ActiveX and other
Microsoft-specific technology.

Minh Lee Goon
digerati design studios . com