[thelist] JS memory leak detection?

liorean liorean at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 17:14:20 CDT 2005

On 10/23/05, VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK <volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are my observations on the leakage problem:
>

> http://www.volkanozcelik.com/volkanozcelik/blog/2005/10/help-my-browser-leaks-memory.html

Just a note about that code you have there: The unload event isn't reliable
for a number of reasons. Especially not in op. I suggest using
onbeforeunload instead.

Looking at my tests, I see that the most recent. versions of IE and
> Mozilla still experience memory leak problem, whereas Opera is pretty
> good in garbage collection (no memory leak problems)

Would be nice to see where saf comes in. If there's a single browser that
leaks worse than iew in my experience it's saf.
--
David "liorean" Andersson
<uri:http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>