[thelist] Suckerfish and IE 5 Mac

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Mon Oct 24 16:31:17 CDT 2005

On 24 Oct 2005 at 14:19, Judah McAuley wrote:
> Strangely enough, the menus don't work for me on Firefox 1.0.7/Linux.
> The menu gets hidden behind flash banner. Where the menu is longer than
> the height of the banner, the menu content shows up and works correctly.
> The only think I can think of that might be causing that (at first
> glance) would be the display:block on #Banner  It could just be the way
> the object tag is being dealt with by Firefox/Linux as well. I wonder if
> your script works flying out over a static image instead of a embedded
> flash movie.

&*()$#%!

initially that was a problem in all browsers, but i overcame it a
while ago -- or so i thought...

do you have the web developer thingie in FF there? with that cool
Edit CSS option?  i don't have Linux handy where i am today, but if
you could try the edit thingie and whack that display:block and let
me know what happens, i'd be appreciative...

but it does work flying outover a static image -- it sits above all
the other images on the page.. it's just that Flash hoses my z-index
(which i explicitly try to avoid setting)...

so... yeah...