[thelist] Selling over the internet - UK law

Sales @ Lycosa sales at lycosa.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 16:31:43 CDT 2005

Hi,

I have just completed a web site for http://www.the-stone-shop.com and
it went live yesterday. Unfortunately, my client added a product without
adding the price. A web customer has spotted this, and ordered the item
(worth around £35) for £0 + £4 postage. They have paid with PayPal.

Am I right in thinking that, being a genuine mistake, my client is not
obliged by law to honour the transaction? Can they offer a refund, or to
sell the product at the right price? Or are they legally bound to sell
the product at the price paid?

The product in question is
http://www.the-stone-shop.com/esales.htm?category_id=24&product_id=121#3
78

My client is operating under English law. Any information would be
really appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil Parker

Lycosa Web Services Ltd,