[thelist] xml in javascript ie does show it

Jeff Howden jeff at jeffhowden.com
Wed Oct 26 03:38:12 CDT 2005

Hi,

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
> From: gruppenfreizeit
>
> Finally I cannot recommend using the node functions in
> tables in cross side scripting with IE.  Even the
> innerHTML in tables is not supported by IE.   Use divs,
> spans and innerHTML until IE can call itself an actual
> browser and raises up to another level and the DOM for
> browsers, which support the DOM.  May be IE 1x will do
> it proper, cause it seems IE6.x is a big garbridge
> collection like win3.x
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

This is nothing more than a rant.  It asks no questions and offers no useful
(or even factual) information.  Please pay for your offtopic post with a
tip.

Keep the signal high!

<tip type="Site Development">

If you're using server-side coding to deliver a database-driven site, wrap
it all up in error trapping functionality.  Write out as much information as
possible about the request that failed to an HTML document time-stamped with
the date and time of the error.  Put it in a web-accessible directory and
send an automated email to yourself with a link to that file.

Your client will be very pleased when they call to report a customer
complaint about the site to find out you've already been made aware of it
and maybe even already fixed it.

</tip>

Thank you,

 [>] Jeff Howden