[thelist] Site Check - IE Explorer v5 anomaly

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Oct 26 07:55:47 CDT 2005

Fred,

Unless you have some overwhelming and compelling reason to support IE on the
Mac, I'd suggest you put your energies elsewhere.  IE/Mac is an outright
shame in regards to compliancy, and has almost zero market penetration.  If
I had to find a number, I may look at the numbers that the BBC published [0]
for visitors to their homepage.  Mac represents only 4.4% of their visitors,
and only 30% of those are using IE 5.  Overall, that's only 1.32% of their
visitors.  I believe this to be a fairly representative slice of the general
population.

[0] http://www.currybet.net/articles/user_agents/index.php

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/