[thelist] UPS vs DHL

April april at farstrider.org
Thu Oct 27 16:30:16 CDT 2005

My personal experience with DHL haven't been as good as everybody elses.
  Their tracking system drives me nuts, because on October 22nd, it will
predict arrival on October 22nd.  The package won't arrive on October
22nd, so you look again and now it says the package should be expected
on October 23rd.  This continues until the package is dropped off on the
24th.  This happens everytime something is sent to my house (an easily
accessible neighborhood in the bay area of cali).    A company I used to
work at used DHL, and they had some bad luck too (mostly in the form of
the pickup guy not showing up 2 days in a row).  There was an especially
bad bit where a package was picked up in a crate of other packages, but
never reached the DHL office.  The pickup guy insisted that package
hadn't been in the crate, and DHL called it not their fault, but when we
dug up the security footage for the lobby you could SEE the package
perched in the crate.

Of course, UPS does seem to have a weird thing where packages look like
they've been mauled by construction equipment as often as not.

Service-wise, my preference has been FedEx, and price-wise.  It's
unfortunate that they're not a good option for you.