[thelist] Flash HELP!

Donald Pasewark don at pasewark.com
Fri Oct 28 19:57:59 CDT 2005

Hello All,

I'm having some problems with Flash/Action scripting. I'm working on
my first flash project which is redesigning my web site in Flash

My problem is with the menus I've set up.

I've created each menu "button" as a separate movie using the  basic
"closed" and "open" labels with the basic action script of

on (rollover) {
	gotoAndStop("closed");
}

on (rollover) {
	gotoAndStop("open");
}

respectively. I've added invisible buttons around each menu with the
actionscript

on (rollOver) {
	gotoAndStop("closed");
}

This would work fine except my menus are butting up against each
other and when I roll over them a certain way the menus remain open.

All the separate menu movies are grouped together on the main timeline

You can see my sample pages here:

http://www.pasewark.com/flash/
http://www.pasewark.com/flash/fujinon.html

So I want to keep the menus configured as is and I need to figure out
a way to get them to work properly. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Don

Donald Pasewark