[thelist] domains and easyspace

Sales @ Lycosa sales at lycosa.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 08:56:50 CST 2005

Hi,

One of my customers is having severe difficulties with their current
supplier, Easyspace. They have over 100 domains registered with them (a
variety of tlds), but wish to transfer to a new provider. Easyspace have
introduced high charges for moving a domain away (£50 + VAT per domain
!!), and my customer wants to move all his domains away from them
without incurring these unreasonable charges.

6 of these domains (.biz) are due for renewal on the 6th Nov 2005. They
are unwilling to re-register these domains with easyspace as
unauthorised payments have been taken by easyspace from my customers
credit card (he has since voided this credit card).

What is the chance of allowing these 6 domains to expire, then pick them
up later? What are the waiting times for the various tlds before coming
back into the public domain?

Is there any legal process that can be gone into to force easyspace to
allow transfers without charging? For example, what ombudsmen exist for
domain disputes of this nature?

Phil Parker
www.lycosa.co.uk