[thelist] table join for 4 tables

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Thu Nov 3 12:04:02 CST 2005

Unsupported Browser wrote:
> I'm pretty decent with single tables and even double tables, but I have one
> query that has to join 4 tables and I am lost. here is the basic gist.
>  I need to look up information where table1 has a status of 10 and then I
> need to get the personid from table1 and pull in the personal information
> from table2, using the shippingid from table1 I need to get the address
> (about 6 fields) associated with that from table3, then I need to get the
> sku information from table4 using the skuid from table1.

this should work in mysql and mssql:

select YOURFIELDS.table1, YOURFIELDS.table2, YOURFIELDS.table3,
YOURFIELDS.table4  from table1
left outer join table2 on table1.personid = table2.personid
left outer join table3 on table1.shippingid = table3.shippingid
left outer join table 4 on table1.skuid = table4.skuid
where table1.status = '10'

Assuiming no nulls in table1, you should pull what you need.  Plug in
the right YOURFIELDS elements for each table that you awnt to pull.