[thelist] Form Handling Agony

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Fri Nov 4 10:42:00 CST 2005

Hi Alan,

   After a cursory glance, I would suggest replacing Chr(10)  with vbCrLf, which combines Chr(10) and Chr(13).

HTH,

Peter

  From: alan herrell - the head lemur headlemur at lemurzone.com

What I *don't know about .asp* would fill the Grand Canyon from top to
bottom.

I have a form handler that I have been using for years, that would take
the information from a request form, and using CDONTS, would
send email to the receipents.

According to my host, CDONTS still works.They have recently upgraded.
CDO.Newmail is the new component I guess.

The email used to show up like this:

Email: sally at larry.com
Make:AUDI
Year: 1978
Model:A8 cab
Bodystyle: 4-Door
Fueltype:Diesel
Transmission: 3-Speed
STDPart_Requested:wheel(,)bracker for turbo bypass mod
Addinfo:
Vin:
Name: pu
Phone:333333333333333
Address:
City:
State: -Select-
Zip:
Country:

*It broke. and I don't know how to fix it.*

What it does now is to combine two lines together before putting the
next line in.

Email: sally at larry.comMake:AUDI
Year: 1978Model:A8 cab
Bodystyle: 4-DoorFueltype:Diesel
Transmission: 3-Speed STDPart_Requested:wheel(,)bracker for turbo bypass
mod
Addinfo:
Vin:
Name: puPhone:333333333333333
Address:
City:
State: -Select-Zip:Country:

This is the code I am using:

" 'Put the
address you want the form sent to here
strBCC = "headlemur at lemurzone.com"
strFromVar = "Email" 'If you want a reply-to email address to be taken
from the form
' put the name of the input item here.
strDefFrom = "memberlist at bnbhotline.com" 'Put a default, even fake,
 >From address here
strDefSubject = "B and B Hotline Part Request" 'Put the subject of the
letter here. If an input item called
' subject exists in the form, its value will be used instead.
strRedirect = "http://bnbhotline.com/thanks.htm" 'Url to redirect to
after a successful form submission.
' If an input item called redirect exists in the form, its value will be
used instead.
%>

 0 Then
ReportError strError
End If
strOutX = SeqForm
If Len(strOutX)  0 Then
If objFM.Exists(strFromVar) Then str>From = objFM.Item(strFromVar) End If
End If
SendMail strFrom,strRcpt,strBCC,strSubject,strOutX
If Len(strRedirect) > 0 Then
Response.redirect(strRedirect)
Response.End
End If
If objFM.Exists("redirect") = True Then
If Len(objFM.Item("redirect")) > 0 Then
Response.redirect(objFM.Item("redirect"))
Response.End
End If
End If
%>

 Form Sent!
Your request has been received and will be processed shortly.

 50 Then '[5000 not necessary anymore]
ReportError strTooLong
End If
Email = LCase(Email)
Temp = Split(Email,"@",2,1)
If UBound(Temp)

 Error!

Click on you browser's Back button to correct any mistakes in
your input

test message

any help would be appreciated!

--