[thelist] Who really turns off JavaScript?

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Fri Nov 4 21:13:58 CST 2005

Could I ask what purpose this serves? Are you interested in testing the
vulnerabilities in the web application in question (and giving them data in
the first place would be a bit foolish no?) Or are you interested in avoiding
security issues? (I'm not entirely sure how you'd do that)

> I have personally found that one of the biggest security issues with
> javascript is that dependency on it masks deeper security vulnerabilities
> within the application in question. In addition: if I have javascript
> turned off, I would like the application to handle this state and allow me
> to make the choice of turning javascript on or exiting the application
> rather than simply throwing some kind of exception.
>
> I draw your attention to point 10 in the following essay:
>
> <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/community/columns/security/essay
> s/10imlaws.mspx>

Could you clarify how point 10 in that essay backs up a point in your email?
I'm a little confused as to what it correlates to.

Thanks

Cheers
Ken