[thelist] Turning on .htaccess in Apache Mac OS X

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Wed Nov 9 09:54:29 CST 2005

Peter-Paul Koch scribeva in 2005-11-09 15:11:
> I can of course test everything on my external server, but I'd prefer
> my internal OS X server to follow my commands. Bloody OS X shitstem.

You could wipe OS X's Apache and reinstall it as you would on any *nix
system.

> Thanks anyway, and if somebody has an additional clue, please tell me.

If <Directory> is not your cup of tea and you really need to have
.htaccess, then try having a look at http://www.macdevcenter.com/ and
put Apache in the search box. That give articles like this
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/01/29/apache_macosx_four.html?page=2

.k