[thelist] Cookies between ASP and ASP.NET?

Casey aspnet at thecrookstons.com
Wed Nov 9 23:03:15 CST 2005

> : Is it possible to set a cookie in ASP and retrieve it in ASP.NET?
>
> Absolutely

Okay, thanks Ken.  At least I know I'm headed in the right direction.

In the ASP page, the cookie is set as follows:
    response.cookies("access_level") = session("access_level")

Then just to be sure the cookies is being set, I called it again on the same
page:
    response.write("level=" & request.cookies("access_level"))

It returns the value as expected.  In the ASP.NET file, this returns
nothing:
    response.write(Request.Cookies("access_level"))

And this returns an error:
    response.write(Request.Cookies("access_level").value)

 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of
an object.

Thus my confusion.  I'll keep searching, and in the mean time if anyone else
can point out my (silly?) error....

Casey