[thelist] backordering, domain transfer and other issues.

Dan McCullough dan.mccullough at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 08:49:52 CST 2005

Those are very good steps for getting this resolved.  That's what I
would suggest as well, and do it quickly.  If the domain is not in
your clients name anywhere and has the designer as owner and so forth
it will be very difficult for you client to get it and you should
proceed with the backorder, but if you client is listed as owner or
billing contact you will have a strong case.  But your first step as
mentioned by Robert should be to to check whois and find out all the
information on the contacts listed and who the domain is owned by,
then go to the registrar (it should be listed on the whois, and find
out their policies on transfers, dispute etc.