[thelist] live site thumbnails?

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:06:49 CST 2005

Hi all!

Was about to update a portfolio page, and wondered if there were an
app/function out there that could take a peek at a live page, and from
that produce a "live" image... "live" being relative, meaning I
wouldn't mind if there were a delay in updating the image (a few
hours, a day, even a week would be fine).

I have a table with thumbnail images of sites in one column, and a
brief description of the site/design in another.  When one clicks that
thumbnail, they're brought either to the live site, or to a
non-functioning replica of a defunct site.  I'm wondering whether
something could auto-magically create those current site thumbnails
for me to keep them current (and help promote my laziness).

While it would take me all of a few minutes to take some screen shots
every so often and upload them, if there's already a very cool
solution out there, why not use it?  So I figured I'd ask...

Thanks!
~John