[thelist] Nested divs and a horizontal scrollbar PITA

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at THERMON.com
Fri Nov 11 13:18:10 CST 2005

[snip]
> Is there a more elegant way of getting rid of the horizontal scrollbar
that
> degrades more cleanly? I have googled for a while now and have found
nothing
> that works well.
>
> TVMIA!

Instead of setting a padding wdith, why not set a margin on your
warning? Does that yield the same result?
[/snip]

I tried that David, but to no avail. I can set a width on the warning that
removes the scrollbar. Interestingly enough I have another div nested later
in the page that does not cause this to happen...

#content div.footnote{
	padding: 5px;
	background-color: #CCCCCC;
	border: 1px solid #000000;