[thelist] CSS Help

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Mon Nov 14 13:13:19 CST 2005

I am trying to layout my first fully CSS site using ideas gleaned from
Cederholm's excellent book, Bulletproof Web Design.  However, I am
running into problems with the header this page displaying as desired:

In FF, the navigation shows up where expected, but the background color
is white, not the darker shade of blue I want.  Under IE 6, the
navigation and heading text are shoved down the page, but the background
is what I want.  The page mockup I am working from is at:

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Norman W. Bunn
norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Crafted Solutions, Inc.
Web Design & Development
Web Site Hosting & Custom Solutions
"Get the results the Internet promises;
 get the 'Net Result' from Crafted Solutions!"