[thelist] abbreviations (was Re: Your favourite site backup utility?)

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 14 14:55:03 CST 2005

    [Kasmir K wrote:]
> > > It is fine and good to be precise. But it's even finer to forgive
> > > inaccurate names for operating systems and concentrate on the real
> > > question at hand.
> >
> >Forgiving is one thing; not having enough information to answer the
> >question is another.
>
> Then shut up and don't answer it.

No. I'm going to respond to the original question and let that person
know they didn't give enough information or the wrong information (as
appropriate).

You have no business telling me to shut up, and even suggesting you do
is downright rude. I expect an immediate and complete apology.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>