[thelist] IIS web site problem - include forces 401.3 error

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 08:19:14 CST 2005

Hi all,

I'm no IIS expert but I've never had a problem like this before setting up dev sites. I went into
IIS, set up a site, set it to a port number (1024 in this case) fired up a basic ASP file in the
root directory. Works just fine.

I add a couple directories and some images. Works just fine. I add a directory named 'include',
put an asp file in there (a web trends script) and include in my ASP file, and boom, I get this:

that is configured for this resource on the Web server." - 401.3 error.

If I remove the include, it works fine. I tried changing the content of the include to just text
only, but it doesn't matter, using an include locks me out. I have like 10 other dev sites
running right now, none of them have this problem.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this or what is going on? Here is the offending line:

<!-- #include file="include/webtrends.asp" -->

Thanks

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/
"I was in a convenience store reading a magazine and the clerk came up to me and said "This is not a library". so I said, "All right, I will talk louder then!"