[thelist] Customize IE print headers and footers

Kowalkowski, Lee (ASPIRE) lee.kowalkowski at hmrcaspire.com
Tue Nov 15 10:20:49 CST 2005

> Joe Ngo wrote:
>
> I'm having trouble following this article:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
> us/dnie55/html/beyondprintpreview.asp
>
> Could I use the information contained in this article to customize
> print header/footer for my IE users? Or does it require an ActiveX
> component, or 3rd-party app embedding the WebBrowser control?

That article looks like it's for windows developers that want to (re)use IE
or the MS WebBrowser control from within their own applications.  Like some
"custom" browsers from some ISPs.

To control the print header/footer for visitors to your website who are
using IE, you need an ActiveX enabled on the client, and to make component
like ScriptX, provided by MeadCo.

http://www.meadroid.com/scriptx/index.asp

You won't get many internet users that this would work for, incidentally.
PDFs are normally used instead of entertaining an IE-specific route.

- LK