[thelist] a note about domainsite.com

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Nov 15 20:16:49 CST 2005

Evening folks,

A few days ago I plugged domainsite.com as a registrar offering domains at
$6.99 per year. This is a "basic" package that differs slightly from their
regular package for $7.99.

Today I sent an email to their support team asking whether it was possible
to register a domain for more than one year at a time with the "basic"
option and got this in reply:

"All domain names must be renewed at the USD $7.99 / per year rate.
Unfortunately, the $6.99 price is limited to new basic registrations and
domain transfers."

This was certainly news to me as I'd never come across this policy anywhere
on their site. I'm posting it here to prevent others from being similarly
misled.

regards.
-marc